Our behaviour intervention service can either follow on from our assessment service or be engaged separately to provide support within the family home, supported accommodation, community or other setting. The aim of the service is to reduce behaviours which cause harm or reduce the quality of life of the person in order to help improve the lives of those we’re supporting and develop the capacity of those in their support network to understand the person’s needs and respond to behaviours.
- An increase in the general understanding of PBS and why we use this approach.
- An increase in understanding the function of the target behaviour(s)
- Clear guidelines (written, modeled, or other – dependent on your service agreement) in responding to the target behaviour(s) is provided
- An increased understanding and capacity to collect information and use it to make decisions about your interventions and supports
- A reduction in the use of consequent-driven or restrictive approaches
- Decreases in how often, how long or how intense the target behaviours happen.